Learnt Indian Classical music from my mother & Guru Late Dr. Sushila Pohankar.
1. The Voice on "Jakatta American Dream" (Ministry of Sound) – a Dance track which reached at the top of the U.K Mainstream Dance charts.
2. Vocals on tracks “Beyond Skin” & “Nadia” from Nitin Sawhney’s album Beyond Skin, nominated for the top-most Mercury music award in the U.K.
3. Vocals on Dance Track “Prayer for a God” by DJ Producer Darren Tate.
4. Singer on the BBC TV Theme music for Commonwealth Games Delhi.
5. Co-written Popular Track “Khwaab” with Niraj Chag
6. Dayam - Remixed by Nasha Experience
Discography: Dhanak –The Rainbow, Anjuman, Birha, Surmohee, Destiny Chakra
Collaborations: Craig Armstrong - Nitin Sawhney - Talvin Singh - Zakir Hussain - Keyvan Chemirani - James Asher - Geoff Wilkinson - Niraj Chag - The Superswamis - Muzaffer Ali - Sonu Nigam – The Nasha Experience
Film Soundtracks: “The In-Laws” (Warner Bros) - “ Kiss of the Dragon” - “ Republic of Love” - “Peace One Day” Documentary.
Performances: U.K (Barbican, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Bull Theatre, Alexandra Palace) WOMAD-Reading U.K, Glastonbury, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Portugal, South Africa, The Caribbean, India, Pakistan, TV Channels – MTV, Zee, B4U, VH1.
Recent Tours: “Les Dangereuse” by AMC, U.K with Juliet Robert and Babani Kone ( 5 cities in the U.K including at Queen Elizabeth Hall, with Keyvan Chemirani & Iranian, Greek & French musicians (France, Portugal) & currently touring 'Destiny Chakra' with own band.
Jingles: Lead Vocals on the latest Sharwoods Go-East Campaign on U.K Mainstream TV Channels + Shortlisted finalist for 2005 Walker Crisps Campaign + Many other international Jingles & Session assignments + Recently sung & co-written theme song for Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010.
Roles: Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Producer & Session Vocalist on a number of TV & Radio Jingles. Indian Music Teacher.
Specialties:Singing, Production of Fusion World Music, Music Composing, Songwriting
J J School of Arts-United Kingdom
1980 - 1983 (3 year)
Jabalpur University-United Kingdom
1977 - 1980 (3 year)